Monmouth County Alimony Termination Lawyers

Monmouth County Alimony Termination Lawyers

With the recent alimony reform laws that were passed, everyone has questions about terminating alimony now. Despite the new law, a motion to terminate alimony can generally be made if one of the following events can be shown:

1-the supported spouse has re-married

2-the supported spouse is cohabitating with someone

3-the supported spouse has had an increase in income

4-the supporting spouse has lost his/her job

5-the supporting spouse has suffered a drop in income

6-the supporting spouse has retired

Terminating alimony is not automatic. A motion must be filed with the court. For Monmouth County cases, a motion must be filed in the superior court located in Freehold. These motions are difficult but not impossible. It has to be done right the first time if you want to succeed.

Our team of tough, smart lawyers have helped many clients reduce or eliminate their alimony obligation. We have two office in Monmouth County (Freehold and Tinton Falls) so we are each to reach no matter where you live. Our attorneys are aggressive and our rates are affordable. Call us today at 1-855-9-JEFLAW to discuss your case.

Posted on May 11, 2015, in Our Services and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Monmouth County Alimony Termination Lawyers.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: